Monitor and Troubleshoot your Wi-Fi using inSSIDer
inSSIDer is a W-Fi network scanning and monitoring software. It is developed by MetaGeek. It is pretty handy utility for troubleshooting your Wi-Fi connection. If you have a good internet connection but facing with low Wi-Fi speeds then you can use this software to analyze your Wi-Fi connection and see what is blocking or interfering your Wi-Fi network. This problem sometime happens because of the nearby interfering channels with your Wi-Fi network channels. So by using this software you can easily identify the vacant channels and set your Wi-Fi mode to that channel.
inSSIDer is an open source software and it supports Windows, Linux, Mac and Android. By using inSSIDer you can accomplish the following tasks:-
- Measure signal strength of WLAN networks
- Identify maximum rates and security types
- Spot potential overlapping channel interference
- Select Wi-Fi channels based on RF Utilization
- Discover sources of Non-Wi-Fi interference
- Quickly document troubleshooting results
- Measure WLAN network retransmission
- Identify “slow talkers” on your wireless network
- Optimize your Wi-Fi settings
- Improve overall network throughput and capacity
You can download inSSIDer from here.