Recently I purchased Netgear JNR1010 N150 Wireless Router to enjoy wireless internet on my laptop but I had a hard time configuring the router to my bsnl modem for internet. The manual that comes with router is just a piece of paper and does not tell you anything technical on how to link the router to your ADSL modem. Here I will tell you the complete steps to do so –
Step by Step Procedure to Configure Netgear JNR1010 N150 Wireless Router
First of all access the configuration/settings page of your modem by typing either 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206.
- Go to the connection wizard in the modem settings page and make the connection as bridge mode.
- Now connect the router to the PC and Modem and access its settings page by typing 10.0.0.1 and select option for setting the connection manually.
- Now select “Yes: Does your Internet connection require a login?”>Internet Service Provider:PPPOE>ur username and password>Connection name: dataone>Connection Mode:Always on>Internet IP address and DNS : Get Dynamically From ISP>Router MAC Address: default address.
- Apply the settings and you are good to go and you access your internet.
- For Wireless setting go to wifi menu and select WPA2 for maximum security, enter your desired key/password and apply the settings.